Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Why such incompetent and stupid leaders get elected

www.pakpositive.com Let me share with you my recent experience. Yesterday I went to meet my friend at his father�s pharmacy (medical store) located in old city area of Karachi (one might call it not so developed or a bit backward area). My friend was filling in for his father as cashier. Two more friends were also with me.

We stayed there for more than an hour. Pharmacy�s salesmen were attending the customers. Less than 20-30% customers came up with prescriptions. Though prescription is mandatory by law but in Pakistan we get medicines from our area pharmacy just by calling up medicine�s name. Actually I want to share with you the manner and approach that how customers were asking for required medicines.

One young chap came and said �khujli ka goli diyo� and handed over 2 coins totaling Rs. 3, he was given a tablet xyz. I was informed that he was given an anti allergic tablet.

Another person came and asked for �lemo wala zukam ka goli do� after few seconds of thought salesman gave him lemon flavor strepsils and customer was satisfied.

An old man came and said �pair kay dard ki do (2) goli do�, salesman asked which tablet, old man said �do goli tera (13) rupay ki aati hai�, salesman then showed him tablets and said these 2 will cost 14 rupees. Old man said �aik yeh tha doosra goli alag tha�. Salesman got him and also showed him another tablet, oldman was then satisfied.

One person came and asked for �murgay ka teeka�, salesman understood and denied that it is not available. Customer insisted that it is there but salesman refused. After the person left counter I asked the salesman, what he was asking for. He replied that he was asking for the injection for his bird that might already have or will get injured in cockfight. I enquired that why you didn�t give him the injection if u know the one. Salesman said that I don�t know the correct quantity to be injected to the bird and God forbid if something wrong happens to the bird this man will not spare me.

One gentleman apparently matured and reasonable came and said �wo green wala nawway (90) rupay ka goli ka pata do�, salesman after a deep thought picked up one pack from shelf and enquired while showing the pack �ye wala, ye sau (100) rupay ka hai�. Customer confirmed the pack but argued that last time he got it at 90 rupees.

Every time such customer left the counter we all friends look at each other and start laughing. All three of us were stunned by people�s zero concern about their own health and also admired the talent of salesmen.

Leaving the pharmacy shop one of us commented �aaj hamain aur bhi ziyada wazeh taur per samajh main aaya kay hamaaray mulk main aisay na-laaiq aur ahmaq leader q muntakhib ho jaatay hain� (Today we understood more evidently that why such incompetent and stupid leaders get elected in our country). illiteracy www.pakpositive.com