Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

The Greatest Martyr, Shaheed Hakimullah Mehsud

www.pakpositive.com While Imran Khan, Choudhary Nisar and Munawwar Hassan have not been unable to hide their grief over the death of a brave man like Hakimullah, they have not been able to announce or campaign for rewarding the untiring efforts of Hakimullah towards the betterment of our society.

Recounting the events of last few years, I am in no doubt that Hakimullah's death is perhaps the greatest loss of our nation after the death of Benazir Bhutto.

We have a history of not recognizing the efforts of our national heroes, but we should not let his happen to the great Hakimullah Mehsud. Few countries in the world can boast of having such barbarians, we should be proud to have been bestowed with a man who had the heart of rock, a man who repeatedly killed or perpetrated to kill thousands of innocent civilians in the name of Islam.

It is said that charisma is one trait that separates a leader from the followers, Hakimullah had it in abundance. His charisma was such that young kids agreed to blow themselves up outside mosques, imambargahs, churches, shrines and armed forces installations.

The shia killings carried out by TTP under Hakimullah are perhaps the most brutal after Karbala. A feat which has not been repeated for thousands of years. This one feat is enough for him to win 'heaven' for his generations to come.

Hakimullah was not an asset to Pakistan only, he was equally vital to the world peace also, being a true leader he had the vision, he could foresee that Pakistan's professional and brave armed forces are a threat to the world as well as Pakistan, therefore Hakimullah joined hands with international powers and orchestrated attacks on military establishments causing huge damage to the military assets.

Considering Hakimullah's priceless contribution to the world and humanity I suggest some measures to recognize the efforts of this great son of the soil:

1. Hakimullah should be granted a state funeral. Public holiday should be announced on the funeral day and special prayer services should be held in mosques all over the country for Hakimullah.

2. Minorities, specially Christians, should hold vigils and masses for a man who always stood for their rights.

3. There should be a national mourning of 30 days, the national flag should be in half mast during mourning.

4. 1st November, the day when he breathed his last, should be declared a gazetted holiday.

5. Hakimullah should be declared a national hero and should be posthumously conferred upon with Sitar-e-Imtiaz on 23rd March, 2014.

6. A shrine should be built at his grave, so that devotees could visit and offer fateha. His shrine should be declared a national heritage.

7. Every provincial capital should have a major road named after Shaheed Hakimullah

8. Text books should contain a chapter outlining the bravery & achievements of Hakimullah.

9. Pakistan Post should introduce commemorative stamps showing Hakimullah holding and using different weapons and training suicide bombers.

10. Pakistan's next ballistic missile should be named after Hakimullah.

I am sure if these measures are taken, Pakistan's image in the international community will improve. The green passport will regain its lost glory and tourists will start visiting the country again. The international teams who have been refusing to visit Pakistan will resume their tours.

Above all, these measures will help to pacify the grief of Imran Khan & Munawwar Hassan a great deal, the two most sensible and visionary leaders of the world.

The above lines are my way of expressing frustration over shameless and confusing stance of so called national leaders over the killing of a brutal terrorist.

They keep certifying everyone as anti-Pakistan and as Jewish agent, while on the other hand they call the killer of thousands of innocent civilians and soldiers, a Martyr.

These people will never feel ashamed of themselves as fooling the masses is their bread and butter, but I certainly feel ashamed of myself for still being alive after hearing words of sympathy for Hakimullah by politicians and journalists. hakimullah mehsud www.pakpositive.com