Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

The 9 O' Clock News Drama

www.pakpositive.com

I was in the kitchen when i heard the sound of my favourite song coming from the TV lounge. I left my pasta boiling on the stove and ran to the lounge only to find that it was not any movie but the 9 o\'clock news bulletin that my mother was watching... my night was ruined.

I have no idea where this great idea of playing songs at the background of serious political issues came from, but it has spread across Pakistan like virus. Every news channel that we switch to nowadays is playing old or new, Indian or Pakistani, Urdu or Punjabi songs.

Our 9 o\'clock news bulletins have nowadays turned into some kind of a bollywood movie where a song is played after every 2 minutes or three. The news that are told are mostly of the personal lives of famous people, as if knowing the favourite food item of our Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif would help us in making our decisions of voting. Stories ranging from marriage to divorce and the after effects of divorce, all are discussed in our dear 9 0\'clock news bulletin. And all these stories are topped beautifully with songs that fit the situation perfectly.

The repetitive dramatic effects that the creative editorial team of the news channels does are also worth appreciating. Every serious political issue is shown with such expertise that one wonders why do they still watch dramas when the news have become so interestingly dramatic?

It is about time that we grab our popcorns too for enjoying the 9 o\'clock news movie. I suppose we should also expect to see a \"Lux News Award\" any time soon.

9 o clock news khabarnama www.pakpositive.com