Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Tea Break, Coffee Break, Lunch Break!

www.pakpositive.com I read somewhere here or there that Pakistanis need a break. Yes we do. Okay, so I don't claim to be a great writer or a great socialite (psst or even a great employee - don't tell my boss!). So I decided to take a break and write something that is meaningful to me like so many bloggers here. Haha, who am I kidding? So first I took a break from work, which I do after every 10 minutes - ahem!

Most of my breaks are broken down into various categories.

1. Tea Break or Chai Time

This is the most important break of the day. OK, the most important BREAKS of the day because I'm a tea addict!! Atleast 10 times a day!! Our chaiwala peon at work curses me in his prayers I can tell.

2. Coffee Break or Gossip Break

These are more classy. They are carefully planned and meticulously researched. Mostly outdoors with friends (Yes I do snort a sheesha here and there, don't tell my dad now.) Oh yes, also a couple of coffee breaks during work.

3. Lunch Break or Bunk Break

I love lunches. I mean I like to bunk away from work promptly at 1 O clock and sometimes my boss has to run a search party to locate the gang of absconding lunchers. What can I say, I love a good chicken tikka or McD's fries!!

4. Dinner Break or Scolding Break

These can be quite boring because they're mostly with a brooding and overly inquisitive family members. Okay mom cooks pretty well and dad's always scolding us siblings for something or the other, but still, I'd rather have a good hearty steak or chicken perri perri at Nandos with my buds on the weekend.

Yeah yeah, go on and say it "GIMME A BREAK, GIRL!"

Peace on Earth and Peace in Pakistan! coffee break
10 Mar 2009 | 864 Shams Mukhtar says: Location: San Diego, CA, USA  Posts: 1
I found the post very interesting, actually we need a break!!! or we'll break something else

Shams
(htttp://www.geeksCafe.Net)
After all, it is all about knowledge share!
Twitter / shamsmukhtar
02 Nov 2010 | 1441 Irfan Hilal Ahmed says: Location: Karachi, Pakistan  Posts: 1
It was again a fun day at Dreamworld Family Resort. It was sunny but not too hot thanks to winter gradually setting in.

The grass has, by the Almighty's Grace, started sustaining well on last four fairways of the back-9 of the golf course. With newly-found sources of water, God willing these will also become lush green soon.

The greens are coming up really well too. Looking forward to holding the SGA tournament, as has been awarded recently.

Of course a lot many tournaments will be held before that, God willing. Not to forget the night-golfing that is beginning to become active. With the regular efforts of the Corporate Relations Team of Mr Umer Maqsood, hopefully they will gain good ground quite soon.

Irfan Hilal Ahmed
17 Mar 2011 | 1585 Aamir Ashfaq says: Location: Lahore, Pakistan  Posts: 1
My name is Aamir Ashfaq resident of Lahore, the historical city of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Cars have always been a passion of mine and still are. Since the age of eight, I am collecting model cars which are more than 4000.

These die-cast models are from USA, England, Germany, Italy, France, Greece, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Macao and the makers/brands are Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Majorette, Corgi, Burago, Tomica, Jada Toys, Real Toy, Maisto, Welly, Kinsmart etc.

Collecting toy cars is an addictive hobby that cannot only be fun and educational, but also a good investment as many toy cars increase value over time as they are collectible items.

Since early childhood I have been engaged with cars. I appreciate my parents and their efforts to promote my passion. They never refused whenever I asked for a Toy Car and also conveyed me how to care.

My uncles, aunts and cousins live abroad also had their contributions and I received toy cars each time their visit to Pakistan. I am thankful to all of them for their valuable shares. American long vehicles have always impressed me so I have models of American famous cars like Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Plymouth, Dodge. Furthermore, British, Italian, French, German, Japanese, European automobile models are also the part of my extensive collection.

I would like to clear one thing here that it was much difficult to collect a huge number of die cast cars in Pakistan because of their non-availability. At present, it is easy and affordable due to China.

At each time every new car model was very much important for me and it was slept with me under my pillow till another one replaced it. Eid-ul-Fitr, the day full of excitement for me at each year because car models were presented to me as Eid gifts from my parents and relatives. Similarly, I always preferred to purchase car models from Eidy.

I have car models of yesteryears too, highlighting my collection as category of �Antique Cars�. I have also models of London Bus, London Taxi, American yellow colored School Bus and Movie Cars.

My father told me about the Matchbox dinky cars (Made in Great Britain) and Majorette dinky cars (Made in France) which were easily available at Super Stores in Lahore worth Rs.10/- in the year 1977. The friction power Tin toy cars (Made in Japan) were also available in Pakistan in 70s and price was Rs.25/-. I have few models of Tin toy cars.

I have also given my interviews on GEO, ARY One World and City42 TV channels and also shared through Daily DAWN (Newspaper) and Valuemag.

//epaper.dawn.com/ArticleImageEx.aspx?article=06_02_2011_179_002_001&type=2

Pictures are available at //www.mytoycars.weebly.com

Thank you!
www.pakpositive.com