Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Pharmacy Price Scams

www.pakpositive.com Usually I try to prescribe locally made cheaper drugs to my poor patients so that instead of no medicine at all, they at least get some kind of treatment.

One such patient of mine called me yesterday from a local pharmacy saying that his medicine was not available and that the pharmacist was insisting on a substitute which was 300 rupees more expensive. By chance I had the visiting card of the representative of that particular company.

I called him and he said he will look into it. He called me back 45 minutes later with the news that pharmacy was well stocked with the drug but the pharmacist was insisting on the brand with bigger profit margin.

So folks, know this trick and never accept the substitute because your doctor knows best why he wrote you a specific medicine. Always check with couple other drug store before accepting any substitute if you have no other choice.

Medical stores are booming business with some times up to 30% profit margins. Next time beware of the drug store scam. pharmacy medical store www.pakpositive.com