Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Pakistan's E-Commerce Giants Pre-sales & After-Sales Service, Leyjao vs Daraz

www.pakpositive.com

Judging by the hoo-ha around Daraz’s sale, I thought the discounts were out of the world. That wasn’t true, however. To be honest, I do most of my shopping via Daraz, for a dearth of any other online marketplace. I have had a fairly reasonable experience that is until now.

I placed an order for a study table on 10th August 2020 and the delivery timeline mentioned to me was 20th August. I waited till 20th August but didn’t receive the product. I was told that the delivery is delayed and they can’t do anything about it. There was no indication online as to when delivery would be. Moreover, we were told that their system is down and they can’t track the status of my product. After a lapse of a week, however, was relieved to finally have the courier guy deliver the table. But to my utter disbelief, the study table was damaged, and also wasn’t of the color I had ordered.

Repeatedly this has been the case where I ordered something from Daraz, the merchandise was either wrong, missing or damaged. Additionally, there were issues with the products advertised and products sold. I spent two hours on the phone with customer service trying to get these things taken care of but to no relief.

How was I compensated for my loss? By offering hollow apologies that they will forward the feedback to the appropriate department.  It doesn’t matter how good the prices are if the package you receive gets destroyed.

It was by mere accident that I stumbled upon another marketplace ‘Leyjao’. Initially, I was having doubts to try them out but went ahead anyway.  Leyjao had a lesser variety to offer but I see its growing and bringing more options. My experience with them has been pleasant if not terribly exceptional. Not a perfect place but definitely our own Pakistani thing working on providing variety- and not compromising on their customers’ experience. The hallmark of leyjao.pk has been its excellent timely delivery and affordable price. For that reason, I have been a customer of Leyjao, and they haven’t given me a reason to not continue to do online shopping with them.

See the latest Daraz scam with kids and their first experience with Daraz.

www.pakpositive.com