Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Pakistan Needs an Anna Hazare Too

www.pakpositive.com Now this is some thing amazing coming from our neighbour this time.

You tune in to news and you don't believe your eyes. I mean Fighting against Corruption and then on this level!

Bravo!!

Yes they are not as corrupt as us (According to World Ranking) but then corruption has always been their major issue. Just like us. So it was amazing to see the New Revolution that the Fellow Indians are Witnessing.

But What inspired me most was the reaction from the Indian Youth so Finally Anna Hazare's life long struggle against Corruption and other Social Menaces is paying off. And what a tribute!

There is this joke in Indo-Pak that if you receive all the Due Respect right in your Life, consider your self Lucky,. Very very lucky indeed..so yes Anna Hazare is the lucky man. He is not only receiving all the due respect and appreciation but he is also able to look the fruitful result of his years long campaign against ill-knitted system.

The Pakistani media is covering the issue all enthusiastically as usual but I wonder if they are able to see what Hit me the most in those reports from India. Have you seen the people who have come in the support of Anna? Have you seen the shine on those Young Faces?

Looks like The motivating "Tata Tea Jaago" has finally been able to succeeded in waking up their whole youth. I have plenty of Indian Friends added in My face book account and on Twitter. And I was kinda jealous to see all the activity over Protest. The way the youth is motivating and inspiring each ohter to join the other on roads. The way that all seemed to work in their favour..and telling you the truth I have high hopes on this Telenor's "Khamoshi Ka Boycott" thing now. If that could work there. It can work here too.

You must be wondering why I'm focusing on a mere TV Ad on both sides. But hey just ponder over it a bit and you will get it. The whole thing is amazing but this is not revolution that is mesmerising but this is the Courage that took the youth to move on roads and walk and talk in Anna's favor.

They have finally spoken against it. Yes I agree that they have been more vocal about it then here in Pakistan but they started from a point and they have reached at a point where they know where they are going. I wonder if we will ever be able to see a movement like this in Pakistan! and then who will be our Anna Hazare?! Do we have people like him in Pakistan? or Will we have to borrow Him from India once he is done there?

What are you staring at me for? are you trying to tell me I'm all hypothetical here?! well I dont think so. I believe everything starts from "Point Zero" and then that goes up. And to iniate a thing like Fighting against social Evils. You got to make people be vocal about it. Yes we all keep on speaking against almost everything about this country. From corruption to Load-shadding. Talks never seem to stop here. And what is the problem then? I mean we want to eliminate corruption too. We are sick and tired of it already. We find it every where. The Corruption culture is truly eating us up. Aint it? Its causing us more and more defamation apart from our Part in Not so Famous anymore "War on Terror"!

The menace of corruption is the identical problem of Indo-pak right from the beginning and look what it had done to us in the past 64 years..and we do want to eliminate it. Don't we? and we do keep on complaining about it too. We speak about it a lot actually. But that restrains to the domestic and office-chats only. We have never talked about it on a proper plate form. Other then on private TV channels of-course,owned some most corrupt powerful people of the country. But then where is this PROPER PLATFORM in Pakistan? *yeah yeah ask Imran Khan and he will name Face book.biggest benefactor of Fb so far*

Is it the Leadership crises again that's pushing us even more? Why cant we just stand up against it like The Indian did. But then suddenly I remind myself something that I was over-looking. Yes the thing which hit me this very moment *yeah I write in one single sitting. No editing ever. So bear the crap plz ;p*

so I reminded myself that Corruption is not the only problem of Pakistan. It could be India's Problem number one. But Not Pakistan's. We have some other issues to deal with. My people are suffering from Terrorism, load-shedding unemployment,economy downfall, management issues * read Separate provinces movement here* and then if load shedding dint make them stand up which is practically ruining their business and lives. What to say of corruption? so yeah May be we will have to wait for another decade before we could think of anything else then our present situation Corruption Excluded. So I just concluded "aur bhi ghum hein zamanay may corrption kay siwa". P.S who will lead the movement? Rehman Malik or Babir Awan? * its like choosing how to commit suicide. RAT POISON or ROOM fan ;P*

So its not the time yet. We are fighting more important fights right now. The war on terror is right on our nerves,,eating our heads and pushing us more in this Dark Drench where we have nothing else but our TV sets *Off and On. Depends of the availability of electricity in your area* which bring us the news of "India Against Corruption" and we remind our selves that someday we will witness the same revolution too. If not now. A day will come in our history which will mark the end of this most hated social Evil. Till then lets be hopeful and lets keep our fingers crossed while we wait for our Anna Hazare *read moment of glory here* and Fight the terrorism off under the shadow of Load shedding while we continue living in this Dark Hole. Anna Hazare www.pakpositive.com