Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Nation of Confused Ethics

www.pakpositive.com The thoughts I am going to share are strictly my personal ideas. I only want to share the vision about this country. What can be done and what we should not be doing. The change is not a thing or a commodity that Government or Political parties will provide us. Change is a process that starts from day to day life and the ripples will go to the whole system and society.

As a Pakistani doctor working abroad, I have met people from other countries and have learned about their strengths and realized our weaknesses. The main problem with our people is that we talk much about politics and who should be in Government. While other communities are working and progressing in that time.

On one hand we talk about poverty, joblessness, and corruption, while on the other hand we talk about lavish parties and expensive imported items. Not only that we also feel pride in buying and showing off those imported expensive things.

When I started comparing Pakistanis with Indians, I came to know that Indians are very humble and down to earth people. They only spend when needed. They also buy imported goods but rarely show-off.

They usually avoid political or religious discussions in work place. Whenever they will talk, they will talk about profession, education of their kids and social well being. We can not compare ourselves to Americans or Europeans, as they are in the race of developmental evolution for the last two centuries. We can only compare ourselves with one of our kind, like India or Bangladesh.

India is one of our rival countries. So we usually see them as enemies. But our enemies today are one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and we are one of the top most (now on 13th number) Failed States in the world.

Instead of realizing this fact, we start arguing like arrogant about our so called imaginary strengths and our religion that at the end of discussion we would end it with a punch line " Hum Musalman tu hain, Jannat tu milay gi ( Meaning: We are at least Muslims And we will go to Heaven unlike them)". This is our ideology, that we are Muslims and we are successful being Muslims.

This thought or ideology may not be obvious in media reports, but it is deep rooted in our society. We are a nation of confused ethics. This first blog is just an index of what I am going to share and discuss further.

This is just a prologue. We will start with diagnosing the problems and then will try to sort out the solutions. Simple solutions that we can implement in our lives and can bring a Change. Your comments and suggestions are awaited and appreciated. religious www.pakpositive.com