Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

In Islamic Pakistan, Minorities' Blood is Worthless

www.pakpositive.com

Friday is always considered an important day for Muslims. Markets close soon, Offices give longer break, Institutions terminate their procedures early, so the Muslims of the Nation can offer their prayer and we consider such privileges as the perk of being in the Muslim country.But my sinking heart posed a question to me that as we honour for the Friday and specially the Friday Prayer, where is the honour, value and even security for the one who prays?

I have seen three persons killed brutally by the menace society known as target killers just after they left from Mosque, two of them were the neighbours of me First a sincere head of the family, and his son Sajjad Ali a young man, who just started to enjoy the fatherhood as became a father couple of months ago, and the third Hashim Rizvi a friend of mine since I remembered the first day of my school, who was nothing but the lad who was the only son to their patients, the talent who got the gold medal in Applied Physics from University of Karachi, a student considered as inspiration for many and a citizen with a promising future waiting for him.

A person with no involvement in any political or religious activity(for which I can swear to anything that I hold dear)was just shot because he went to offer prayer in a country that is an Islamic Republic. It is an easy saying that a sectarian killing occurred. News appeared, Anchors discussed, Law enforcement personnel boost their progress, Government Officials commented and Finally our Chief Minister took a notice, A mere notice which had been taken so many times after the incidents like this . I am not to criticize any one, but why our all actions and such so called notices are Detective instead of Preventive?

Why we always talk about justice when it is ripped apart? Why the law always seek the outlaws after they torn away the pieces of law? My feeble mind is not smart enough to answer such a question, but what my mind could only devise that since we love our "Green Flag" dearly, only the security is bestowed to one who has "Green Number Plates" on their vehicles.

A protocol of more than fifty cars for the government official is a common talk, but when it comes for a common men going for mosque a single lame constable with a broken armoured vest and a rusted weapon seeking for shadow and sitting in a corner is just more than enough. And when these common men travel their Journey from Mosque to the Grave, Our Chief Minister takes the notice. Is the (so called) notice going to sooth the mother who groom her child like a prince, Is it going to Pacify the Father whose only pride was his only son? Is it going to relieve the sister who had lost the arms of love and affection?

In the world full of monitory measure the blood of innocent is still the cheapest commodity, as it does not require budgeting, any cost planning, all to be done, is a notice! And that is enough. Writing this with my heart at my throat I realize that the poor mother not going to see her son again, the pride of the father is all gone, and the sister is not going to feel the warmth of the arms full of compassion of her brother. But with tear full eyes and mourning heart I just seek the answer, That how long we have to burden our shoulders with the weights of the corpses of our loved one? How long these roads towards the mosque will lead to the grave?

If there is just a mere notice for an average citizen, and no other active response then it means we wait for a mass effect event like Peshawar and Lahore incident for an action, otherwise there is security and safety is only for those who have earned the right to live in a guarded fortress and to move with a convoy by the support of common men who are left to die in streets.

I wanted to write more about the irony of my city towards the citizen, but got the thought of my wounded friend lying in front of me made my mind paralysed and I cannot right more. With Heavy heart and sobbing breath I just end with the Pray that may God bless all of the acquit souls of the catastrophe and give patience to the family of them and may the value of blood be increased in my city that it shall not spill in such a cruel way.

targetted killings www.pakpositive.com