Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Geo TV Channel

www.pakpositive.com Planned move has been undertaken against the President General Pervez Musharraf by attacking on GEO which was by design showing the negative aspects at the behest of some hidden masters. It is on record that GEO Channel has been paid handsome amount in dollars and the money makes the mare go.

If the channel is working for the just cause why the anchors /reporters failed to point out uncalled for behaviour of lawyers(supposed to be educated one) instigating people to pelt stone, manhandle police officials deputed on duty specially so a Suzuki van surrounded by hooligans as if they are treating some animals not a word was uttered in their favour are they not Pakistanis, only media people are the holy cows who just blackmail the government machinery to get their jobs done in case of any refusal their media trials are undertaken.

if criticism is in positive sense and in the national interest it is a great service but if it is for the vested interest then Allah Hafiz.

So Mr Hamid Mir has been in connivance as he has been instructing his staffers what they have to utter in front of the camera after the episode. it is totally pre designed affair due to some instructions on the stoppage of programme Kamran Ke Saath.geo tv
11 Jun 2010 | 1262 Shansari Says:   
Dr Shahid Masood left Geo and rejoined ARY group. I think he did well. But I am unable to understand what�s wrong with few people. Why they are worried on this? It was ARY which gave Dr Masood an identification and then both of them became vital for each other. Now they�ve reunited after a gap.

But what�s a pity with Geo. What has gone wrong with the channel, which keeps portraying it the biggest among all, after Dr Shahid Masood left it? It shows that he was the only person in that channel who was fighting for the truth against the government.

Why so-called anti-govt anchors Kamran Khan, Hamid Mir, Saleem Safi and Iftikhar Ahmed are silent now and why they are praising this government? Why they abruptly changed their track? I am sure that the government and the Geo have settled down their affairs and a deal has been signed between the two. It is the reason they have stopped criticizing the government and started chanting �all is well�!

And everyone knows Aftab Iqbal that he is Zardari�s longtime praiser and Geo has hired him to keep praising the government from its platform.

They were the people who were kept repeating �jab taaj uchalay jaen gay� and other such stuff. And now?? Alas, it�s the real face of the Geo that the nation has come to know after all.

Geo is falling in peoples� eyes. I knew that the Geo has settled its affairs with the government against millions of rupees. The column of Ahmed Riaz, the ex-director of FIA, was published in the Jang on the same day Dr Masood resigned from Geo. This column is telling all the inside story that the Geo is against taking a U-turn from its past position. Now their aim is to praise and support this government.
08 Sep 2010 | 1379 Ather Says:   
When are you flying to Pakistan? I have to send few things let me know before you go". I am sure if not all, most of Pakistanis living abroad have heard these words before. Recently a friend of mine called Ali was going Pakistan after two years to visit his family. Day before he was due to go he received call from a friend asking him if he could take "few" things, adding "don't worry my brother will come and pick them up from your house". Ali said OK drop them off to my place tonight. Later that evening the man turned up with "few" things. Ali was shocked to see "few" things were actually a suitcase weighing almost 20kg. Ali told his friend his baggage allowance is only thirty kilos and his own luggage is almost 30 kg. It will be impossible for him to take extra 20 kg. Ali offered him that he can take extra two or three kg but not more then that. The friend's tone of voice all of sudden changed and he said "my cousin atif is going next week he offered me to take this anyway, I only asked you because you are good friend".
Ali is back from Pakistan and his friend is not talking to him anymore.(thank God for that)
08 Sep 2010 | 1380 Ather Says:   
I remember when I was growing up in Pakistan we had only one TV channel and it was owned by the state.We use to get about 10 hours of tv every day. It use to come on air about 3pm and go off again about midnight after Farmanay Elahi . Then in mid nineties the government of Pakistan gave the gift of Ptv2 (second tv channel) to Pakistanis. It use to broadcast amazing programmes one of my favourite programme on this channel which I rarely missed was Tractor Ki Deakh Bhaal Aur Safai . No criticism of the government was permitted on these channels. News bulletins were Utopian and i often thought we live in Switzerland.

Then something bad happened a "Dictator" came into power and all of sudden there were so many TV channels in Pakistan. The worst thing the dictator did was he allowed people to speak their minds. I could not believe what I was listening and watching on these channels. People had the audacity to come on air criticise different institutions of Pakistan. There was allot of criticism of dictator on these channels, I didn't really mind that. The thing which upset me was that these TV channels were trying to portray that how corrupt our country and society is. If nine out ten police officers or eight of ten judges , or 70% of bureaucrats, 10 out 10 mullahs or 11 out of 10 politicians are corrupt that doesn't mean corruption is rife in our society.

I hope we could go back to the days of PTV and PTV2. Now the dictator is gone I hope things will go back to normal.
www.pakpositive.com