Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Developing reading habits

www.pakpositive.com One of my office colleagues father was a renowned Neuro-surgeon of USA, I asked her to explain the qualities he had, which separated him from the rest, she quickly named one and that was "reading".

She told me that her father was from a humble background and he could not afford borrowing books from the library, so he used to go at night to the towns library and used to slide his hand underneath the library door, and read any book he could get hold of, this habit of his enabled him to not only increase his knowledge in medicine but in every other field from understanding Islam to money making, from improving family life to autobiographies and thus making him a knowledge house.

I have been thinking to write something which can attract attention from blog readers, but I am unable to find that 'something'. Whatever topic I select in my mind to write about, I stop myself thinking! Well it might not be a good hit.

So I thought why not write about blog writing.

I have a passion to read, as I believe that reading is something which can make an individual a real successful human being, I believe that if a person wants to achieve great success in life, whether it is about becoming an exceptional student to becoming a brilliant entrepreneur, reading is a must.

The great men in the history of mankind has had this ability embedded in their personality to the core.

If we read the lives of great Pakistani men from Aitzaz Ehsan to Hassan Nisar, from SM Zafar to Javed Iqbal, reading habit is common in all of them.

In west this habit is considered to be an integral part of literally every person, and I guess that is why they are far ahead from us in terms of progress.

Today's economy is knowledge economy, and in order to achieve success in his or her respective field then reading habit needs to be developed intensely.

People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. ~Logan Pearsall Smith,Trivia, 1917

By the way people, this is my first blog so do give an honest opinion about my writing skills. books bookshelf www.pakpositive.com