Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Creative Outdoor Advertising in Pakistan

www.pakpositive.com I've never been the one to notice advertising. In fact, I've always detested nature blocking, irrelevant and obnoxious advertising which doesn't make sense to me visually and seems like a complete waste of money due to lack of brand linkage.

BUT creative advertising is something which has always stopped me in the tracks.

Let's face it, who wouldn't stop at two real life guys jumping on a billboard playing football?! Or a guy on a billboard drinking cola from a can on the street?! It's utterly brilliant and fun to see at the same time.

Being in the creative industry, I find that in Pakistan we always try to do come up with intriguing advertising but outdoor advertising has come wowed me that much, not even slightly. Outdoor advertisements can grab attention simply by being impact-ful - such as the recent out of the box idea for Djuice billboard that has a football popping out and glowing Djuice logo.

Not to blow their horn but it's brilliantly proportionate in size and dimension also. I still remember the oversized cow in one of the candy outdoors which looked hideous to say the least. The football at an estimate probably has a radius of 55 and what surprises me is how they're holding it up. It's probably not more than 100kg and check out the installation guy's size compared to the billboard itself.

It's a treat to actually see this installation and the billboard for yourself to actually understand why I'm referring to djuice outdoor here.

What I'd like to see next is witty messages on static billboards, billboards featuring interactive multimedia, stunts, 3D creatives or mechanical movements.

But using these doesn't mean losing your message in the innovation. The advertising messages have to be appropriate for the brand and so does the innovation.

To demonstrate my point, let's have the visuals themselves do the talking

billboards www.pakpositive.com