Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

British Born Rebellious Desi

www.pakpositive.com If everyone is saying one thing. Must it be the true thing?

Not so long ago, I left my hometown in England and moved to the Netherlands. This migration was a result of feeling too dependent, and not being able to feel my life as my own.

I like being a Muslim. But I am not too happy about how I am seen in my country. Now that I have moved, the feeling hasn't changed. It angers me each day of how other people have this control over my identity.

//emaan-wahaj.blogspot.com

We are taught to just listen and obey from the moment we are born, and expected to comply till we die. And this teaching damages our free-thinking to the point that we feel wrong, and cursed by our own soul. It has instilled this fear in us that is unshakable.

Who are these people who control me? Who are these so-called protectors of my religion? Do men and women of Islam have no minds of their own that we need orthodox clerics to take charge of our life, and pass fatwas on every step we take! Why are we expected to just listen? Why should our brains be put to eternal rest?

As a people of the world, we need to collaborate, think, and work towards our betterment. We need to break free of our taboos. We need us to take charge of ourselves.

Non-Muslims are not the best people in the world, but neither are we. But both of us have very beautiful things about ourselves, and we can learn a fortune by not holding any prejudice.

We need to learn to respect peoples' choices.

If everyone is saying one thing. Must it be the true thing?

Think.
www.pakpositive.com