Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

Bad Morning TV Shows Spreading Harmful & Outrageous Health Advice!

www.pakpositive.com

Steroids advised for beautiful hair in a morning show

Morning shows have always been in some controversy, whether it is due to blasphemy issue or some celebrity controversial interview. A lot of Pakistani housewives still watch their favourite morning shows as most of the time they provide nice entertainment.

Just like any other housewife I was eager to watch the \'Desi Totkay\' being told on Good Morning Pakistan aired on 4th January 2016.

After some time I realized that doctor Kashif was just promoting some products for beauty and skin care along with natural remedies. The doctor talked about buying specific brand oil and vitamins. I don\'t mind such techniques of advertisement as we all know they are being paid by the brands.

I was outraged to find out that in two beauty tips for hair he mentioned betamethasone lotion. He did not tell that it is a corticosteroid and as a general rule steroids should be taken very cautiously. On the internet I could not find any usage of this lotion related to hair. Even if it is used in hair beauty tips, the doctor is obligated to tell it\'s a steroid. Steroids have age restrictions, possible drug interactions and certain precautions. Simply speaking it\'s a prescription drug which now many naive housewives would be using for their hair without realizing the side effects it can cause.

I was only able to know about this steroid as I have a first hand experience with a similar steroid for medical purposes. Have i not known i would have easily used it. It is OK if a steroid is advised to treat a problem but just for beauty tips it raises an ethical question. Our shows sometimes go too far to attract the audiences. I have no problem with the show or the host but i expect them to realize their mistake and be more responsible about calling good professional doctors.

quack doctors on TV www.pakpositive.com