Pakistani Bloggers

The Best of Pakistani Blogging

All news channels banned

www.pakpositive.com It's two days after emergency announcement there was hardly any source to know what was going on in the country. Still only rumours are moving form one cell phone to the other.

We have modified our website to provide news updates. The site is updates on hourly basis.

It has other useful links like GEO news, BBC Urdu Service from where you can listen and watch Geo News. Please let as many people know about this link as you can. news channel
07 Nov 2007 | 414 Muhammad Khan Says:   
As the government has banned all news channels I think it is the right step in this direction, and should have been taken a long time ago. One lady on the bbc news Sairbeen asked why the channels were off she said we are having a lot of trouble. True we need to go back into the dark ages as by getting all the news and the latest in talk shows we have the knowledge and clearly know who is doing what and who is trying to gain, points etc, but what have we done. We watch the news and then discuss amongst ourselves and then go to sleep over it. We have never struggled to make changes in our life and reject the ones who are plundering and robbing our nation. Our polticians still claim to have large majorities and people like blind bats follow them around. Loyalty and money play a key role in electing politicians. As citizens what have we done to change our fate and make a change in our lives and the lives of others living in Pakistan.
An English saying goes "God only helps those who help themselves" but are we helping ourselves or those that are making it rich at our expense. Almost all political leaders are now life time heads of their parties disregarding any sort of elections within the parties, there is no form of democracy within their parties, whereas they claim to fight for the same. How could you expect them to fight for your cause when they dont believe in it at all. In my opinion I think its best that the channels are off, so at least we will not bother to know what they think, say or do.............
www.pakpositive.com