Time to Rent Out the Country
Entries may be a little edited for clarity or brevity. The views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of PakPositive.
Bad news after bad news. From both home and abroad. The “F State” phrase keeps popping up among Pakistan-bashers of the world.
The world hates us. The good guys hate us. The bad guys hate us. Now even God and nature hate us.
People living in urban middle-class/posh localities are hardly affected. Yet they are the ones providing a variety of lip service through media and the internet. Some of them will even try to “empathize” with the rest of the population by visiting “them” once in a while and returning to their comfy homes later.
The urban middle class is NOT Pakistan. It’s only a very small proportion.
Among the doom and gloom, I came across a brilliant suggestion recently.
Since for the majority, the country is not performing, it’s time to put the country on a temporary suspension from all activities:
- Dissolve the government
- Declare permanent emergency
- Suspend all military / bureaucratic / non-productive activities
- Request a foreign power (preferably China) to take management of the country for a period of 15 years
- Clean up the house
- Restore government, restore country
- Test for a year, repeat if necessary
I challenge anyone who has a better immediate practical solution.